Searching for images
- To start your search enter a search term or terms into the search box at the top of the page or in the boxes in the advanced search panel on the left of your screen.
- You can filter your search by a number of options, available on the main search bar as well as the advanced search panel on the left. You can multi-select options if you wish, for example ‘Horizontal’ and ‘Panoramic’.
- Further options are available on the advanced search panel - the ‘Added Within’ drop down menu offers various options to filter your search by images uploaded to the website in the past week, month, year etc. Or use the ‘Year’ Uploaded text box. For example, for images uploaded since 2010 enter ‘2010-‘, for images uploaded in 2012 and 2013 enter ‘2012-2013’ Once you have selected the filters you wish to use click ‘Apply above filters’
- Any filters you have active will display above the thumbnail, and here you can remove individual filters or click ‘Clear All Filters’ to remove them all at once.
- You can also change the layout of your search results - choose from 20, 60, 80 or 100 results per page, small thumbnails, large thumbnails or flow (cascading grid) view. When selecting small thumbnails, if you tick ‘Previews’ you’ll see a larger thumbnail when you hover the mouse over the thumbnail.
- Under each thumbnail are 3 icons; download comp image (for clients who are logged in), add to order, and add to lightbox. Mouse over the icons to view a brief description of their function.
- To navigate through the search results pages use the arrows at the top right of your window, or enter a page number.
Ordering and downloading images
Image preview page
Image preview pages are accessed by clicking on a thumbnail
- Under the preview image you will see a range of options, including ‘Add to Lightbox’ (see Lightboxes in the menu below) ‘Add to Order’ (you can add multiple images to an order for downloading hi-res images), ‘Comping Image’ (where you can download a 1024px comping image, unwatermarked for approved clients) and ‘E-mail’ (you can email a link to this page)
- If you’re interested in licensing an image and wish to know the price click on ‘Get a Quote’
- For approved clients you can download the hi-res image directly from this window by clicking ‘ Hi Res Download’. If you don’t have this facility use the ‘Add to Order’ button under the preview image.
- On the right (or below) the preview image you’ll see information about the image. You can click on the photographer name, country and region to view other images by the same photographer or from the same region or country. There’s also information about the file’s availability (some images are available only in certain territories), about rights (Rights Managed or Royalty Free), releases available, and max file size.
- You can also find other images with keywords found in the image by clicking on one of the keywords. Alternatively drag one or more keywords to the box and start a search. You can create a new search, search within the previous results and choose to search for any of the keywords you’ve dragged to the box or only search images that have all the keywords.
- On toolbar on the left of the window you’ll find numerous options:
New – create and name a new lightbox
Rename – rename an existing lightbox
Notes – write notes for your lightbox
Collaborate - jointly edit a lightbox with another user (see instructions below)
Messages - send a message to another user that you have collaborated with
More Tools - allows you to delete, empty or rearrange the order of a lightbox
Copy - copy or move files between lightboxes
Find – search for a lightbox
- Under lightboxes you will see your list of lightboxes – click on any one of them to open/empty/delete or rearrange the files within them. Use the dropdown menu to change the sort order.
- On the top toolbar you can email the lightbox to anyone you wish, click Add to Order to open a window where you can select or multi select images to add to an order, or click Download Previews to download ALL the watermarked preview images in the lightbox
- You can individually delete images from the lightbox by clicking the icon under each thumbnail
- You can add notes to each image using the speech bubble icon
Download Help file PDF here