To download a visual guide in pdf format click here
How to register
User registration allows you to create lightboxes and place orders on our site.
1. To register click the 'Register' button at the top of this page.
2. Complete the information required on the form. Don't forget to read the terms and conditions and tick the box.
3. Click 'Register'.
4. You will then receive an automated reply from AWL Images to the email address you supplied us. 5. To activate your account please follow the instructions on the email that you receive.
If you forget your password, click on the 'My Account' tab and select 'Forgot your password?'
Using your Account
Please use the 'Log In' button at the top of the page to sign into your account. Enter your username and password and click 'Log In'. Once signed in you can click on 'My Account' on the top menu bar to access your account details.
To change your address details click on the 'My Account' tab on the menu bar and selected 'My Account'. Enter the details you wish to update and click 'request change of details'.
To change your password click the 'Change Password' link and enter your current password followed by your new password. Then click 'update password'
Registered users are able to create multiple, editable lightboxes. You will need to be signed in to use the lightbox functions.
Creating and adding images to a Lightbox:
The simplest way to create a lightbox is to click on the Add to Lightbox icon beneath any thumbnail image. This will add the images into your currently active lightbox. To see your lightbox click 'Lightbox' on the top menu bar. To view a preview panel of your lightbox along the bottom of the screen (whilst on a search page), click 'Lightbox' at the bottom left of the window. This will open a panel along the bottom of the window with thumbnails of the images in your lightbox. To then view the lightbox in full screen just click 'Full Screen' just above the thumbnails in the preview panel.
You can also add an image to the lightbox via the preview image (image details) page or use the purple button 'Add to lightbox' above the thumbnails on the search page.
To create a new lightbox click on 'lightbox' at the top right of the screen. Your current lightox will appear in a full screen pop up window. Enter the name of the new lightbox in the text box at the top and click 'Add new lightbox'. Alternatively, on the search page click 'lightbox' at the bottom left hand corner to open the lightbox preview panel (if it isn't already open) and click 'new'. In the dialgue box that opens enter the name of the new lighbox and click 'add new'.
Removing images from a lightbox:
To remove an image from the lightbox click on the round x icon under the thumbnail. If you are viewing the lighbox preview panel at the bottom of your screen click the round x icon above each thumbnail.
The contents of lightboxes may be viewed either by clicking the Lightbox tab at the bottom of a Search Results page or by clicking on Lightbox in the main navigation bar at the top of any page. Images may only be added to or removed from the currently active lightbox. The active lightbox is displayed at the top left of the lightbox screen (or the left of the preview panel at the bottom of the screen). To change your current lightbox click on the lightbox name and select the lightbox you wish to use from the drop down menu(in the preview panel)
Lightbox tools (rename, send via email, copy, empty or delete)
Click on 'lightbox tools' (either in the full screen lightbox or the preview panel at the bottom of the screen) to open a window listing your lightboxes and offering options to rename, copy, rearrange, empty, delete or email the lightbox. Select the lightbox you wish to use and then select an option.
To order hi-res images from our website you first need to be a registered and approved user. Please register on our site and then after approval you may sign in.
1. Once signed in you can add images to your order by clicking the shopping basket icon under each thumbnail in the search results (or lightbox) or Add to Order on the image preview page.
2. Once you have added images to an order you'll see a number in a coloured box appear on the top right in the menu bar next to Order . The number will indicate how many images are in your current order. You can keep adding images to the order (up to 50). To view the order click on Order on the menu bar at the top right (or on the menu bar at the bottom left of the window - this will open a preview pane showing thumbnails of images in your order). Images remain in an order (and you can add or remove images at any time) until you complete an order.
3. To complete your order and download the hi-res you need to complete the information on the order page (* if you have direct download permissions you will not need to complete usage information for each image). Add the details of your intended use using the dropdown boxes (Project Description, Type of Use, Placement etc). Please provide as much information as possible to avoid us having to come back to you to confirm the details. If all the images in your order are for the same end use just fill out the details for the first image and then click 'Copy details to all other files' (below the Duration drop down menu). Then read the terms and conditions and tick the box agreeing to them and click 'Next' at the bottom of the page
4. The final part of the order process is the downloading page and the process depends whether you have immediate download permissions;
For clients with download permissions you'll go straight to the download page where you have the choice to download the images altogether in a single Zip file or download the images individually, or have them emailed to an email address (there is a 5mb per image limit for this option)
For clients without download permissions you will receive an e-mail informing you the order has been received and
someone at AWL will email back to confirm prices and then grant
permission to download the image. When we have granted permission you'll receive an email confirmation instructing you to go to My Account>Download Orders. Click on the order in the list and you'll be taken to the download page where you have the choice to download the images altogether in a single
Zip file or download the images individually, or have them emailed to
an email address (there is a 5mb per image limit for this option)
5. Clients requiring larger files than are available by download should specify their requirements in the order process or alternatively e-mail email@example.com and they can be delivered to you by ftp or other means to be agreed.
* For clients with direct download permissions you'll see a purple Hi Res Download button to the right of each preview image. Click this to download the hi res without going through the order process. If you do add images via the order process then you will not be asked to provide basic details of each use.